Eastbourne Borough, in association with our education partner Sussex Downs College, offers a two year, full-time education programme alongside the Sports Football Academy experience for footballers aged between 16-19 years old. Students have the opportunity to choose and study from courses offered at SDC at their excellent Eastbourne campus.
The club and the college aim is to provide the individuals within the academy the chance to experience to professional coaching from highly qualified and experienced coaches and a playing experience that tests their ability whilst creating opportunities to play at a level relevant to their development.
Members of the Academy will receive the opportunity to take part in a range of competitions including the Conference Youth League and Cups, Bostik Youth League, invitational games and ultimately the National League South with the Borough 1st XI squad.
The Academy curriculum develops the skills and ability of all players in the squad to ensure they can contribute to the team performance. It focuses on the key positions within a team and develops the techniques needed in each to develop across their time within the Academy.
- Work on being comfortable with the ball at their feet so they start attacks
- Positional sense to develop into the modern day ‘sweeper – keeper’
- Technique in dealing with shots and Crosses
- Teaching defenders to develop their positional skills and learning distances and angles.
- Starting attacks from the defending third
- Learning the art of defending individually and collectively as a unit
- Learning when and where to keep the ball
- Encouraging players when and where to play forward
- Encouraging the skill sets required to be a defensive or offensive midfield player
- When and where to make penetrative runs in the attacking third
- How to find space in the penalty area
- Developing different ways of striking the ball to score goals
For more information about our Academy, email email@example.com