Eastbourne Borough FC - The Sports

U18's v Seaford Town


After a great start to the league season with back to back wins against AFC Uckfield and Sidley United, Eastbourne hosted Seaford Town at Priory Lane looking to continue their winning streak and to hopefully achieve their first clean sheet.

U18's v Seaford Town

Due to possibly having one eye on Thursday nights FA cup and with a few of the boys making an appearance for the reserves on Saturday there were quite a few changes to the lineup going into the game.

With the weather back to being typically british after last weekends sweltering heat, Eastbourne got off to a much better start, Bright Valtentino giving them the lead after 5 minutes slotting home cooly after being played in on goal by Pat Johnsons fine through ball.

Not wanting to be outdone by his strike partner, Ryan Craig then put them 2 up with only 10 minutes played, Harry Brown playing as left back swinging in a delightfull cross for Ryan to control on his chest before knocking past the onrushing keeper.

George Legg in goal was then called into action with a couple of classy saves, including one from a well struck Seaford freekick. Up the other end clearly brimming with condfidence after his recent fine performances, Bright was causing havoc in the Seaford box and would of had his second after sliding the ball past the keeper if it wasn't for Ryan who clearly had one eye on the golden boot nipping in and knocking the goal bound shot over the line.

Not to be disheartened by Ryans cheek, Bright then grabbed his second soon after with an almost exact replica of Ryans Frist goal, Harry playing yet another brilliant cross into the box for Bright to latch onto.

With Eastbourne being 4-0 up at half time the game was as good as won, the challange being to try and keep up the same teempo in the second half and to secure a clean sheet.

With Bright hurting his hand in the first half he was replaced by Ally Getty at half time, and without Brights goals to steal Ryan grabbed one of his own to complete his hatrick. After winning a freekick wide right on the halfway line Callam Jones spotted Ryan's run and delivered a perfect long range free kick for Ryan rising like a salmon to head past the dispairing keeper.

Get Adobe Flash player

After both putting in stellar performances both Harry and Pat were given a well deserved rest being replaced by Jake Marsh and Connor Sidwell who was making his return his from injury.

Jake almost made an imediate impact with a surging run from midfield beating a few players with his pace before unluckily seeing his shot fly just wide, he then teeded Ryan up for his 4th with a nice pass into the box, with Ryan twisting and turning before slotting guiding the ball past the keeper with his left foot.

With Borough closing in on their first clean sheet of the season they were given a bit of a late scare but George Legg making a fantastic double save kept Seaford at bay

Just before the final Whistle Boro got their 7th of the match with 2 of prominent players in todays outstanding midfield, Tyler Smart and Clayton Holford linking up nicely with Tyler setting Clayton free in the box for him to knock it past the keeper.

Team Sponsors