Eastbourne Borough FC - The Sports

Last Gasp Winner Puts Boro Out

by Lee Peskett

Boro's difficult relationship with the FA Cup continued with a late, let, extra time winner for 10 man Hendon.

The opening exchanges of the tie appeared to be going Boro's way with some decent football pinning the hosts back, Marvin Hamilton at the heart of much that was food for The Sports, but Hendon stuck to the task and worked their way back into the game. A key feature was the number of yellows Hendon were accruing. 

The second 45 arrived and again the hosts were making very much a game of evening, Boro not able to force their will onto their hosts. Nick Jordan was forced into a decent save on 55 minutes and on 81 minutes a shot from Elliott Charles was deflected for a corner, chances at a premium for both clubs. 

With the score 0-0 at full time it took Boro just a minute of extra time to open the scoring, and take the lead for the first time in the tie. A long clearance by Jordan was controlled by Darren Lok who smashed the ball home off the cross bar for 1-0.

4 minutes later James Fisher received a straight Red Card for a rash tackle, but Hendon would not give up. 3 minutes into the second period of ET the hosts claimed a penalty that Michael Murray despatched low into the corner and with penalties looking favourite Isiah Rankin hooked home a winner to scenes of jubilation in the final minute of the game.

Hendon: Laurencin, Wharton, Cousins, Fisher, G McCluskey, K Maclaren, Cracknell, Smith (Murray 75), Ngoyi (Rankin 96), Charles, C Maclaren

Unused Subs: Hall, Lewis, Thomas, Mazzone, C McCluskey

Cards: Charles Y, C Maclaren Y, G McCluskey Y, K Maclaren Y, Wharton Y, Fisher Y, Cousins R

Goals: Murray (108 pen), Rankin (120)

Borough: Jordan, Hamilton, Adelsbury (Remy 63), Obaze (Paul 52),  Uddin, Adams, Johnson, Hart (Lok 78), Gorman, Shephard, 

Unused Subs: Noone, Rowe, Knight, Gilbert

Get Adobe Flash player

Cards: Adelsbury Y, Paul Y

Goals: Lok (91)

Ref: Mr. D. Rock

Att: TBC


Website MOM: Darren Lok